HSBC's Privacy Principles
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and necessary, in order to help conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information on to other HSBC Group companies or agents, as permitted by law (Please see HSBC "Notes to Collection, Processing and Utilization of Personal Information").
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so underproper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your privacy matters to us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
- Data security
- Security is our top priority. HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited ('the Bank') will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
The secure area of our website supports the use of Secure SocketLayer(SSL) protocol and 128-encryption technology - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
Our web servers are protected behind"firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Republic of China (Taiwan) concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Security assurance
Both you and HSBC play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your bank account details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests. If, in the unlikely event, unauthorised transactions have been conducted through your account through no fraud, fault or negligence on your part, we will see that you are covered for your direct loss up to the full amount of the unauthorised transaction.
You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. HSBC will never ask you for your Internet Banking Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing your unique User ID and Password for the first time, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
- Collection of personal information
Use of "cookies"
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of"cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site.Most of the cookies will be valid consecutively for a specific time limit, or for one single visit. The cookies do not contain any data sufficient to enable others to contact you via phone, email or snail mail. You may cancel or restrict such access through your browser settings.
Marketing Promotions Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone,or at one of our branches). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact our representatives at our 24-hour Customer Care Centre by calling 0800-066-696. We will then, at no cost to you, accept your instruction (exclusive of the data already processed prior to our receipt of your instruction) to ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
If we do ask you to provide personal information, we will always specify the purpose for which such personal information is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purpose specified at the time of collection.
Our Information Collection Statement
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited
Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited ("HSBC"), for the purpose of (1) processing transactions with HSBC, (2) providing suitable products and services information, (3) meeting the needs of business, finance, taxation, operation or risk management of HSBC (including, but not limited to, self or co-marketing, statistic survey and analysis, internal control, management and audit, execution of anti-money laundering operation, and coordination with the investigation for antiterrorist sanctions and etc.), (4) fulfilling the purposes stated in the first Clause herein, or the various purposes as the registered business licenses or articles of incorporation of HSBC or any others permitted by laws, (5) performing"Know Your Customer" procedure, (6) exchanging credit checking and financial information among banks and financial institutions, (7) providing the personal data collected to the objects identified in third Clause herein for the purposes permitted by its registered business lines, articles of incorporation or laws, and (8) engaging third parties to process the relevant affairs, is entitled to gather, conduct processing, utilize and conduct international transmission of your personal data (please see second Clause herein for details) and is advising you of the following contents for your perusal in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act:
- Specific purposes for collection of personal data:
According to the "The Purposes Specified in Personal Data Protection Act and Category of Personal Data" promulgated by Ministry of Justice, HSBC collects your personal data for the specific purposes as Appendix 1.
- Category of personal data:
It is subject to the personal data that is actually collected by HSBC through the relevant businesses, accounts or services offered to you. HSBC collects your personal data based on the needs of respective businesses, accounts or services, and the data is categorized into ten types as the following according to the "The Purposes Specified in Personal Data Protection Act and Category of Personal Data" promulgated by Ministry of Justice:
(1)Identification C001 to C003 (e.g., name, telephone number, bank account number or credit card number, and ID No., etc.)
(2)Characteristics C011 to C013 (e.g., gender, and date of birth)
(3)Family status C021 to C024 (e.g., marital status, and name of spouse)
(4)Societal status C031 to C041 (e.g., residence, property and resident visa)
(5)Education, examination, technique or other expertise C051 to C053 (e.g., academic degree and profession)
(6)Employment C061 to C062, C064, C066 and C068 (e.g., employer, job title and salary)
(7)Financial information C081 to C089, C091 to C094 (e.g., total revenue, total income, loan, foreign exchange record and credit limit)
(8)Business information C101 to C103 (e.g., type of business)
(9)Health and others C111, C115 and C116, C118 (e.g., medical report, treatment and diagnostic record)
(10)Other information C131 to C132 (e.g., unclassified emails)
- Period, area, objects and method of use for personal data:
(1)Period: Duration of the specific purpose for collection of personal data, the expiration period defined for maintenance of information agreed under laws or contracts (e.g., Money Laundering Control Act and Business Entity Accounting Act, etc.), or the expiration period defined by HSBC (if longer than that defined by laws).
(2)Area: Local and foreign locations of the following objects.
(3)Objects: HSBC, other banks and financial institutions, corresponding financial institutions, correspondent banks, Joint Credit Information Center, National Credit Card Center of R.O.C., clearing houses, Financial Information Service Co., Ltd. credit card organizations, acquiring banks, credit guarantee organizations, Small and Medium Credit Guarantee Fund, Agricultural Credit Guarantee Fund, Financial Ombudsman Institution, TDCC, TWSE, GreTai Securities Market, Interbank Money Market Center, outsourcing organizations or any third parties entering into cooperative or mandatory relationship with HSBC (including, but not limited to, the institutions commissioned to engage in market survey), receivers of personal data internationally transmitted who are not restricted by the central industrial competent authorities, HSBC's counterparts engaging in co-marketing or co-promotion, any other institutions having business contact or trading with HSBC, competent authorities, financial supervisory authorities, parties wishing to acquire from or assign to HSBC any assets and liabilities, assume risk or proceed with merger (if any), HSBC's parent company, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, HSBC Holdings PLC and all its subsidiaries and affiliates thereof (hereinafter referred to as "HSBC Group Members" collectively), and any competent authorities, judicial or other governmental bodies which have jurisdiction over HSBC and HSBC Group Members in the R.O.C., the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and any other places.
(4)Method of use: By automated machine or any other non-automated means.
- According to Article 3 of Personal Data Protection Act, you may exercise the following rights against HSBC with respect to your personal data held by HSBC:
(1)Inquire or request to review or reproduce your personal data. HSBC shall, pursuant to laws, charge the necessary cost and expense;
(2)Request HSBC to supplement or correct your personal data. You shall exercise it with reasonable explanation in accordance with laws;
(3)Request HSBC to stop collection, processing or using, or to delete your personal data. However, HSBC shall, pursuant to laws, disregard the request if such data is mandated to execute relevant processes.
If you wish to exercise aforesaid rights, you may make the request via the HSBC Contact Centre, the branches or the Internet Banking, and HSBC will proceed with it per your request. If you won't to receive any marketing materials, please call HSBC toll free number 0800-066-696 and our representative will help to proceed with it.
- You may choose to provide your personal data in your sole discretion:
You may choose to provide your personal data in your sole discretion. Provided that you refuse to provide your personal data, HSBC shall not be able to perform the necessary review and processing to offer the relevant services to you. HSBC may hereby decline your application for relevant transactions or services.
- You agree that HSBC is entitled to amend the advice and to notify you of the outlined amendments and designated webpage, verbally, in writing, or via telephone, SMS, email, fax, e-document, branch and website, or in any other manners sufficient to enable you to know or perceive the amendments (including, but not limited to, providing the access to any website disclosing the details of advice in aforesaid manners). Please peruse the content on the designated webpage accordingly then.
- In case of any inconsistence between the terms and conditions contained in the contract or instrument entered into between you and HSBC previously with respect to collection, processing, using and international transmission of personal data and the " Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data", this letter shall prevail.
- An English version of the "Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data" is made to facilitate reference by foreign language users. In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese and English version of this agreement, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Appendix 1: Specific Purposes for Collection of Personal Data
According to the "The Purposes Specified in Personal Data Protection Act and Category of Personal Data" promulgated by Ministry of Justice, HSBC collects your personal data for the following specific purposes:
- Life insurance
- Land administration
- Real estate service
- Public relations
- Property declaration by public servants, avoidance of conflict of interest, and political donations
- Household administration
- Agency and brokerage
- Foreign exchange business
- Crime prevention, criminal investigation, execution, correction, protection & discipline, victim of crime protection, or rehabilitation protection
- National health insurance, labor insurance, farmer insurance, national pension or other social insurances
- Criminal case management
- Deposit and remittance
- Registration of marketable securities and security holders
- Marketing (including co-marketing by financial holding)
- Investment management
- Internal control over the rosters of shareholders, members (including representatives delegated by shareholders and members), directors, supervisors or other members of a corporate or group
- Social service or social work
- Collecting, processing and using by financial service institution pursuant to laws and per the needs of financial supervision
- Financial dispute handling
- Financial supervision, management and examination
- Collecting, processing and using of personal data by non-public entities under legal obligation
- Insurance brokerage, agency and notarization
- Insurance supervision
- Credit card, ATM card, debit card or e-ticket
- Contract, similar of contract or other legal relations
- Booking, check-in and ticketing
- Plan, performance appraisal of control, and other management of research, development and evaluation
- Legal transactions of personal data
- Omnibus lending/depositing management for borrower and depositor
- Loan review and credit facility
- Consumer/customer management and service
- Consumer protection
- Property insurance
- Property management
- Tax administration
- Pension or retirement fund management
- Commercial and technical information
- Accounting management and trading in creditor's right
- Credit facility
- Education or training administration
- Bills and notes
- Business of negotiable instruments exchange
- Processing of claims, petitions and complaint cases
- Safety management of Entry/exit
- Issuance and registration
- Data management of overseas Chinese
- Appeal and administrative remedy
- Township/city mediation
- Debenture discounting and acquisition
- Fund raising (including charity donation)
- Accounting and related service
- Information/communication service
- Management of information/communication and database
- Information/communication security and management
- Online shopping and other e-commercial services
- Supplementary and logistic supporting management
- Advertisement or commercial activity management
- Credit checking
- Survey, statistic and research analysis
- Students (trainees) (including those graduating and completing courses) information management
- Certification management
- Securities, futures, security investment trust and consultation
- Police affairs
- Passport, visa and certificate processing
- Supervision and management of the industry by other public entities
- Other judicial administration
- Collecting, processing and use of personal data by other natural persons with proper purposes
- Other financial management affairs
- Other businesses within the registered business license or defined by the articles of organization
- Other consultation and advice services
- Coordination with domestic and international money laundering control, investigation for antiterrorist sanctions and economic sanctions
- U.S. taxation declaration
Consultation and Remedy under Privacy and Security Policy
Should you have any questions and comments on said Privacy and Security Policy, or should you be aware of any violation by relevant HSBC entities, please feel free to contact us via the following email box, or file a complaint via the same email box.
Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited 13,14F, 333 Keelung Road, Sec. 1, Taipei 110, Taiwan
IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you for choosing HSBC.